Friday, December 18, 2009

Survey says

Really now - how often do you get to survey your yoga class? I am taking the opportunity to learn. It is so corporate! I got back about 35 responses to my survey. I have over 40 students now.

I found many answers interesting. The list of physical issues on #7 was very insightful. Wonder what you would learn if you could survey each class?

BTW - Did you know you can comment on a blog post? You can - so if you are reading, and I think you are, Please comment! Enjoy the answers.

1. I am







A male.

48.4%


A female.

51.6%







2. Tell me about your physical conditioning program.







I have a consistent physical fitness program

21.9%

I don't have a physical fitness program

21.9%

I try to be fit but I am inconsistent

37.5%

I am seeking a physical fitness program I can stick with

18.8%

I don't really care about fitness

0.0%







3. My experience with yoga includes the following:







I have a regular yoga practice of my own

18.8%

I have tried it a few times

46.9%

I have no prior yoga experience

34.4%














4. Why did you sign up for Lunchtime yoga?

I like Yoga and welcome the chance to do it during my work week

50.0%

I need to start a fitness program

28.1%

I have a lot of stress and heard it might help

18.8%

I have a physical ailment that I hope to overcome

15.6%

A friend suggested I try Yoga

3.1%

I just thought I would give it a try

25.0%













5. What are you seeking in a yoga class?







To get away from my desk

25.0%

To get fit

53.1%

Lose weight

31.3%

Reduce Stress

65.6%

I want to sweat!

15.6%

Gain strength

59.4%

Increase my physical flexibility

75.0%

Relaxation

62.5%

Get rid of physical pain

15.6%












6. We will practice Yoga for 50 minutes. How would you like to feel when you leave class? Choose an answer or write your own.







invigorated

37.5%

tired

12.5%

refreshed

71.9%

relaxed

31.3%

sore

12.5%

ready for anything

37.5%

chilled out

6.3%

energized

62.5%

rested

3.1%

Other (please specify)

0.0%







7. Do you have any physical injuries or limitations? If so, please plan to discuss them with me prior to class.







Yes - I have an injury

3.1%

Yes - I have some physical limitations

18.8%

Nope - I'm all clear

78.1%

Describe your physical challenges or injury



1.

Feet: Have what is called "pressure points", which result in calluses with a very sensitive core, which need to be cut out about every 3-4 months. Makes it hard to walk sometimes.
Legs: Have periperhal artery disease (PAD), which sometimes makes my legs tired.



2.

overwieght and inflexable so it will be embarressing



3.

previous back injury



4.

back issues, but know my limitations



5.

cannot lift more than 10 lbs.... lower back injury



6.

I am hyper mobile (I bend more than I "should")
I am nursing some regular ailments. I have regular back pain (sacralized vertibrae-lower back), am seeing a chiropractor for this.
I was seeing a personal trainer but other body pains I've had has not allowed me to continue my cardio/weight routine.



7.

I have an old knee injury that can get cranky during the winter.



8.

I don't have any acute issues, but I do have some knees that would like me to lose weight and a curve in my thoracic vertebrae. In addition I am woefully not-flexible, especially in my hamstrings.



9.










8. Class is scheduled Mondays at 12 noon

We are also adding a second class on Fridays at 12 noon.

Which day would you prefer?







Monday at noon

37.5%

Friday at noon

25.0%

I really want to practice on both days!

37.5%














1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Keep them coming please!!! I can't wait to hear how the first class goes... :)
    Love, peace, and joy to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers