Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Reflections

As I prepare for the renewal of the calendar I am reflecting on 2009. It was for me - a year of study, a year of Yoga. I enrolled in Rolf's training course in February.

The "student became ready and the teacher appeared." I had looked at other "weekend programs" and always thought - "too much time - too much travel." When I saw Rolf's program I thought "about the right amount of time and travel." Funny - looking back now I see that the other programs were offering similar time and travel! I simply was not ready.

As far as time goes - I liked the fact that 2009 would be dedicated as a year of study. It was exactly that. I have learned so much this year! I am truly filled with gratitude for what has been given to me!

Looking forward to 2010 I see a picture that is beautiful. My next phase of study is to teach - teach - teach. I will continue to study on my own and I am actively looking for a summer retreat style program to go deeper in to my own yoga practice. First I will focus on giving that gift to others.

The first law of karma says: Whatever you want from life you must do for someone else first. (Jey Rinpoche (1357-1419) Teacher of the first Dali Lama)

To my fellow yoga teachers and students I wish you the greatest of New Year wishes. May the peace and love that is already inside of you reveal itself more fully in the coming year.

Namaste

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers